Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Matrix


I was watching THE MATRIX today. It’s one of my favourite films. Oh, that fabulous Wachowski team!

It made me consider how bold they were to deliver such a profound message of consciousness and theology exquisitely encased in a blockbuster commercial Hollywood vehicle. Bravo to them. It is brilliant work IMHO – a classic.

It allowed people to “see” the illusion of physical reality.

It allowed us to open our eyes and our minds.

Without question, film is a powerful medium. I think this work made consciousness, theology and philosophy readily accessible to the masses in a highly appetizing form.

I also think that many, many fans toyed with exploring the concept of reality vs. illusion more closely by pondering “what if…” questions and scenarios.

In the words of Morpheus… “The Matrix is a world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.”

Hmmm. I feel that I am only now *really* seeing. Powerful stuff to be sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment