Thursday, July 29, 2010

Beauty

It never ceases to amaze me at the sheer amount of beauty I experience each day. It can be small (like a tiny baby squawking) to big (like the moon) and I am consistently enchanted and intoxicated by every shape and form beauty takes.

Beauty gets me high. I’m not afraid to share with you that I am also quick to cry from it because I often find it so overwhelming. It’s my kryptonite. Yes, beauty overload. I’ve always been like that. It can bring me to my knees in a heartbeat. Barely a day goes by when I don’t shed a tiny tear of joy from the beauty I encounter.

Part of Conscious Creation for me is creating beauty. It adds a heightened state of engagement for me. I love feeling and sensing beauty at every turn because beauty is a component of joy. And I’m all for creating more joy in my life. (Aren’t we all?). Note to self: this journey needs to be enjoyable.

I try to find beauty everywhere and anywhere. The more unexpected places I find it, the more I cherish it. We are all attracted to beauty but our definitions of it can greatly vary. Just today I was noting the beautiful green iridescence on the back of a common fly on my balcony. The shimmer and richness in the sunlight had me hypnotized. And then off it flew. Too soon I thought, though. I would have liked to soak up a little bit more of that colour detail. I find the house in this picture exceptionally beautiful because of its age, its character and the stories within her walls. To others, they may find the house ugly, old and beaten up.

To each his own.

I’m feelin’ it…I’m loving it…there is so much beauty in this world. It's at every turn.

Hey - what was the most beautiful thing you experienced today?

What is the most beautiful thing you created today?




1 comment:

  1. you're not alone....beautiful, inspired things make me cry to...and i love the photo you have...wow...

    ReplyDelete