Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Reflection


A couple of weeks ago a friend offered some great guidance to "mapping life." She posed 4 questions and they were VERY helpful in identifying what direction I want to go in.

Here are the questions and my answers.

1.What do you want to *feel* more of?

I wish to feel more inner peace.


2. If time, money, relationships, work, family, your own limited thinking....were not factors...ie if you could not fail...what would you be doing? What would your life look and feel like?

Hands down, writing – telling GREAT stories - specifically my feature film screenplays! Yes, big Hollywood Deals with international distribution, splashy premieres and Oscar nods. But the party only starts there -I would also direct, produce and, hello, act, too. That’s a quadruple threat, I do believe… lol… 



3.How does your ideal day unfold?

Rising early – around 5:15 am, then a great fitness workout, breakfast, some writing, emails and calls from my home office. Then hitting the set: a busy, full, satisfying day of artistic collaboration with other fabulous people on my film. I then come home for 7:00 to eat dinner with my family and/or friends and celebrate life – laughter, great conversation, debate, learning. Then a freaking fabulous massage, some winding down with reflection/meditation/prayer, prepping for the next day and a little more writing for good measure –maybe even a poem.

I’m in bed by 10:30 snuggling with my honey pie, laughing, talking, some quality time and then drifting off to sleep. Ahhh. Parfait!


4. If you were a 100-year-old woman looking back at your life, what would you like to say you've done, said, accomplished, created, felt, initiated....

That I make a positive, lasting impact in the lives of others and for the planet.

That I bring happiness, humour, optimism, grace, kindness, compassion, awareness and support when and where needed to make the journey richer and more fun.

:-)

This gives me terrific fundamental direction! It really sheds light on things.

How would you answer these questions?





No comments:

Post a Comment