Thursday, August 26, 2010

Big Girl


Today I walked by my ex-husband in a department store. Official ex-husband not even by 30 days. It was during my lunch (a late lunch – like 2:30 pm) and we spotted each other. My first instinct was to turn or ignore him – but he spotted me just as quickly as I spotted him. And I just smiled, kept walking and said “Hey”. He just stared at me, grinned and kept walking. Even though he has seriously negatively impacted my life, I was not angry, bitter or sad. I was chuckling after and thinking he is doing well and wishing him the best. WT…? Where did that come from??!! I mean, now I’m walking the talk, people.

Maybe in the back of my head I thought “How will that first accidental meeting be?” and its faced with some dread. But now that it’s over, it’s like the big pink elephant in the room is gone.

LOL –OMG – when did I become spiritually mature?

No doubt about it, I’m a big girl now.

I’m giving myself a gold star and an A for excellent!



No comments:

Post a Comment